Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Thinking of you - featuring Cut/Fold/Tuck dies!

I've had this sweet little set of dies hiding in the back of my stash for a little while now, and honestly don't know why I took so long to play with it!
It's the Spellbinders "Floral Burst" Cut Fold Tuck die, which consists of three separate dies, each with ornate cuts throughout. 
I used a piece of single side printed paper, as I wanted the contrast of the white on the pattern when i folded.  I forgot to take a photo of the largest layer (bad blogger!), but here are the two smaller layers...
They were a bit fiddly to remove from the die itself, but a craft pick or a sewing pin can assist there. 
Simply take the boomerang-ish shaped pieces and fold them back against the paper, and then tuck it under the "tongue" left by the raising of the one previous. 
If that isn't' confusing to explain, I'm not sure what is! :)
So this is all three layers tacked together.  Pretty hey! And seriously took me about 7 minutes from start to finish... And because I *HAD* to use it right away, I used it to make a quick card.  For this card I used cream puff Bazzill cardstock.  The patterned paper is "Junk" from the Kaisercraft Miss Match collection, which I edged using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I used a "Thinking of you" Stamp from a Stamp it collection which I absolutely adore! :)
And to top it all off, I finished it with a small Kaisercraft Sparklet.  Just beautiful! 


P.S. I love to get comments from you all, however due to the volume of spam comments that I have to deal with each day, I haven't got too much choice other than to turn on the "log in to comment" doover.  I hope you all don't mind, and still pop a comment in from me from time to time!
x Rita

No comments: