Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My new Craft Space!

Today I'd love to share with you all my new craft space!
As some of you know I disappeared from the blogging world last year as I was running an online store, and there's only so many hours in a day. This year, things are getting back to a little more normal hours - I'm still working outside the home, which means it's even more important for me to have my little space where I can create to soothe my soul.
Without further ado... the big unveil!
  
All my goodies are within easy reach, and organised like nobody's business! Which is a tad ironic, as i'm a little on the more "creatively organised" side in real life hehe... 
Thats one of my two daughters cute little feet poking in on the side of the photo, and my little Rizzo baby hiding under my desk :) (or, his desk, as he likes to think of it). 
 
On the wall beside the paper rack is this wall hanging - Michele and I created it to use as a display piece for the craft fair,to showcase the different Tim Holtz colours.  We diecut the dress form and cotton spool from grungeboard, and then crackle painted them using Tim's Black Soot and Antique Linen crackle paint.  Each block features a single colour, applied onto white cardstock.  The coordinating stain was used to dye some of the fancy trimmings to the correct shade, as well as a strip of muslin.  This makes it a gorgeous way to colour match to my distress inks, and also illustrates the depth of intensity that the stains provide on different fabrics. 
The background is made by mod podging a few good strips of Tim's tissue wrap, allowing for a slightly scrunched finish. 
I love how colourful it is, and it makes me use my inks a LOT more than I did before!
(The colours on the last three are from the seasonal collections, which don't have matching stains).
What do you think of my little space?
Is there any elements you'd like a closer look at?
x Rita

No comments: