Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fairy wands!

 I've got a whole stack of the Kaisercraft Magic Happens range, as my friend Michele, who runs my local Scrapbooking store, Scrapbooking Shenanigans gave me a pack to make some samples up for her store.
Looking at the papers, especially the foiled papers in the 6x6" paper pad, how could I not make some fairy wands? 
For these I used the Kaisercraft Star album (it comes with 4 stars in the pack) and a length of dowel, which I cut to about 30cm lengths.  I painted the edges of the stars with gold paint, and then used modpodge to stick them each to a piece of the foiled paper.
 I trimmed these out with my craft knife, and then turned them over, and did the same again on the reverse.  I used plainer papers for the back, but I still wanted them to look pretty!
 Using some 10mm grosgrain ribbon, I made them into corkscrew curls.  I'll post a tutorial on here another day soon on how to make corker ribbons and bows, so watch this space! It's dead simple, and so effective! 
 I trimmed the ribbon to length, and then sewed 4 pieces together at the top.
 Using a sheer organza ribbon with a sparkly silver stripe, and satin edging, I wrapped the handle of the wand, leaving some dangly ribbon at the top. Using hot glue, I stuck the corker bunch to the back of the wand, and then the stick on top of that. 
 To finish each slightly differently, I used the chipboard die cut shapes, and some rhinestones to decorate them.
 A little spritz of glimmermist on the ribbons to make them sparkle a bit, and a smear of kindy glitz here and there on the chipboard shapes, and I was done!
Most projects I don't get too attached too, but it was hard to part with these guys! I love how they look!
Hope you like them too!
xx Rita

1 comment:

Sewandthecity said...

Another gorgeous idea, thank you! I will be making this for next years birthday party treats or if I can't wait that long maybe at some special occasion! Can't wait to go and try making Korker ribbons, they just look so fab!