Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Felt notebook cover

I made this little notebook cover for a friend for her birthday. 
Obviously, her name is Bri!
To do this, I took a length of purple felt, and cut it to wrap around the cover of the book, leaving a few inches to slip the front and back covers into. 
I sketched out the owl and branch, and cut them from contrasting felt, and hand stitched them onto the purple, as I also did with the letters.  I backstitched in the green leaves for a bit extra detail.
Once I was finished with this, I blanket stitched all around the edges to neaten it, and to sew down the pockets at the end! It's not 100% perfect, but I thought it was pretty sweet for a first timer!
x Rita

2 comments:

Tara @ Mum-ments said...

that is absolutly adorable hun x

Bri said...

woo hoo! I adore my visual diary; thanks sooo much again! :) I take it around everywhere with me and scribble down an idea as it comes to my mind. You're so awesome! :)