Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Party Animals Card Set


This set of sweet cards was made with the Party Animals collection.  I burned the midnight oil last night because once I got started on these little guys, I just couldn't stop!
The fun colours and cute little animals are perfect for children's birthday cards, but also, as shown with the penguin Congratulations card, are great for cards for the young at heart too.

Have a grreat day!-
This card is a very simple card, using the journal tab as the main embellishment.  I added a bow of orange organza ribbon, and a tab from the 6 1/2" paper pad.  Inside the card is a cute little tiger cut from a sheet of paper in the paper pad as well.  I edged the tab with kindyglitz, and glossy accented the tiger and the star, to help them stand out a little bit more. 

Happy Birthday circus top card - 
This card features stamped and embossed accents, watercolour painting and hand drawn detail, using a Sakura glaze pen.  I wanted this card to have a whimsical, children's storybook feel. I love how the little zebra is jumping out the doors of the big top!

Congratulations Penguins - 
For this card, I stamped two penguins and embossed with black embossing powder. I watercolour painted in the beaks and the top hat, and then cut the penguins out, snipping off the top of the top hat for my lady penguin.  I used an orange card base, and the pale blue and white spotty background paper from the paper pad, and perched my two little penguins on a die cut scallop from the same paper pad.
To create a girly little fascinator for Mrs Penguin, I gathered a small scrap of soft tulle, and attached it to a small rose, and glued that over the top of where the top hat used to be.  I finished the card off with a "congratulations" rubon.

Happy Birthday Spinner Card - 
This card gave me heartburn! I was so anxious to get it right that I almost put it in the too hard basket! I'm glad I didn't though, because it's just so sweet.  I used the smallest of my Spellbinder Scallop Dies to cut three windows in the front of the card, and through the patterned paper. I then cut 6 circles from the foiled paper in the 6 1/2" paper pad,   and using some orange embroidery floss, stuck them back to back (with the inside animal upside down, so that when the card is opened, they're up the right way).  Once these were in place, I glued the patterned paper down over the top, making sure my animals were centred, and the strings were taut.  I added a doodled line around the edges of each scallop cut out, and also around the edge of the patterned paper, and used a Happy Birthday Rubon to finish. 

Last but not least:
Happy Happy Happy Birthday! Elephant card - 
I used a slightly uneven gate fold card for this base - One side had to be slightly longer to accommodate the cute little elephant.  I used a deep orange bazzill for the base, which I cut at 4 1/2" wide x 12" long, and then folded in to suit my elephant.  I cut the elephant from a sheet of glittered paper in the paper pad, and outlined him with a sakura glaze pen (black).  I stamped the balloons onto an offcut of the yellow spotty paper that I used as a background for this card, and watercolour painted them in, as I also did for the bunting.  While I waited for that to dry, I carefully lined up where I wanted the balloons to sit, and stamped the balloons down on the yellow background.  I also very carefully stamped the bow onto the elephant's trunk, and drew in a string wrapping around the bottom of his trunk (to make sure the balloons don't fly away!) Once the painted elements were dry, I carefully cut them out, and attached the pennants first, trimming to fit the gatefold.  I carefully lined the balloons up with their stamped underlay, and added a shiny coat of glossy accents to make them look more realistic.
The elephant looked a little bit sad, so I gave him a little red party hat (stamped and painted from the pennant stamp), and added a few little rhinestones to bling it up a little.
I finished with the words "Happy Happy Happy Birthday", which I cut from a rubon set.
Looks like I'm set for the next few birthday parties now! :)


Materials Used: Party Animals: Journal Tags (JT618), Paper Pad (PP842), Clear Stamps (CS776), Mini Clear Stamp - Penguin (CS956). Mini Alpha (MA504), Rhinestones (SB700), Rubons - (RB811, RB838). Other : Bazzill basics cardstock, Orange, deep orange & sage. Tulle offcut, Green Tara rose.  Faber Castell Watercolour paints, Sakura Glaze Pen - Black, DMC embroidery floss, orange, Spellbinders Petite Scallop Dies. 

No comments: