Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Some itty bitty furniture

(Blogger ate this post, so I'm reposting it today)
I'm planning on taking my doll house down to Scrapbook Shenanigans (If you're in Townsville, check it out!) to go on display for a while, so I thought I'd better build some furniture to go inside the house!
To start with I thought I'd work on the bed - I covered a small box with paper, and then made a bedspread from the "Florence" paper (Kaisercraft, English Rose, the same collection as the rest of the dolls house).  I added a little ruffle of lace peeking out from underneath the hem, and make a little pillow from paper as well, using a pillow gift box style, and decorating it with a scrap of leftover lace.  I'm so in love with this bed! The way the paper falls over the corners of the bed reminds me of a heavy quilt!
 
The lamp was a little more involved - I cut a 6x1 inch strip of "Estelle", and scored it at 1/8th of an inch intervals.  I then concertina folded it, and glued the ends together.  Once that was dry, I used hot glue to glue the top to a small button (to keep the shade lamp shaped!).
 

I rolled a cut off skewer up in the reverse of the Estelle paper, and hot glued it to a brass embellishment that I'd picked up along the way many moons ago.  I then put a blob of hot glue on the top of the "lamp post" and popped the lampshade on the top of that.

I'm pretty excited to see some furniture going in there!  I've got plans for a little scrap room, as well as a dining room and lounge downstairs!
What else do you think I should put in here?
(I am planning on wallpapering the inside to hide some of the structural bits!)
x Rita

2 comments:

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess said...

That is so clever! I sometimes see those little miniature Eames chairs and think it would be fun to do a whole dollhouse of decor, but I don't have the patience to work on a lot of stuff that small... oh, and also that whole lack of kids thing. :-)

Thanks for your note on my blog about how Aussies are live edge tables. That's genius! And our table would always be covered with food, so it would be no problem.

xoxo,
tanja

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.