Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Project Life

This year, (after dropping several, not particularly subtle hints to my dear husband...)   I was super lucky, and got a Project Life kit for Christmas.  For those not familiar with Project Life, check out http://www.beckyhiggins.com/ for a better run down on the kit, and what it can be used for.  Essentially, it's a funky scrapbooking album, that comes with the album, 54 divided photo pages (12"x12"), plus all the bits and pieces you need to fill the book up (except for your fabulous photos!) It comes in two editions - Amber (Which I have), and Turquoise, which is gorgeous too!)
The Amber Edition Binder
I chose to use the kit to document one photo a day, for a whole year, so I started taking a picture each day and keeping a note in my diary of what that days picture was about.  When I get a batch of photos printed, I then transfer my journalling into the neat little journalling cards that come with the kit.  Nice and quick and easy!  Here's a few (dodgy) photos of the first 2 1/2 weeks of my Project Life. 

Week 1
Week 2
The first few days of Week 3... 
As you can see, I have the whole year set up already, just to make it easier, and so everything is at my fingertips when I sit down to fill in my week. 
I decided to add the day of the week and the date on my photos, so did a little bit of editing on photoshop before printing them.  (I use photoshop elements, but any photo editing software can add text to photos)
For people that don't get time to scrapbook traditionally, Project Life could well be the answer to your prayers - a quick, simple way to document your family's history without the effort.  For me, I'll be doing project life in addition to my regular scrapbooking.  I think it'll be fun in years to come, especially when my girls have children of their own, to look back on what their life was like in 2011. I'm super excited about doing this this year, and maybe, just maybe... if I'm very good, Santa might bring me another one next year!

2 comments:

Seck said...

Rita, perhaps you need to put more of your "Santa"'s photos in your Project Lift album in order to him to get you another one for next year. ;)

Seck

Rita said...

Good idea! I'll have to try that. Or I could just leave whopping great hints around like I did last year! :)
x Rita