Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Scrapbooking

As far as scrapbooking goes, I'm not what you'd call a chronological scrapper.  I like to scrapbook the photos I love when I feel like it, or more to the point, when i've found paper that I love! 
I've had these photos sitting on my desk for a little while, and the paper sitting in my stash, but didn't have the inspiration to put them all together. 
My darling husband bought me a sizzix bigshot for Christmas though, and I picked up the perfect die for a halloween page online for 99c!  So tonight the page came together so quickly, i couldn't see why I'd taken so long to get cracking on it! 

I used Best Creations paper, for the orange with bats, and the green fancy edged sections, and bazzil cardstock for the rest.  The extra bats, owl and tree are all diecut from a Cuttlebug Disney halloween die. 
For the title, I stamped the text in a light grey ink, using doodlebug designs clear stamps.  (Clear stamps make it soooo easy, because you can see exactly where you're stamping!).  I then went over the text in a black Sakura Glaze pen.  These are amazing for titles, or outlining etc.  The ink actually dries to a shiny, slightly raised finish, which helps it to stand out from the pattern behind it.  I've only seen them in clear or black, but they're well worth hunting down! 

Last but not least - every layout needs some sort of journalling, at the very least a date.  It's ok, I hate my handwriting too :) but consider either using a hidden journal tag, or as I did, and journal around an inconspicuous area. 
One layout, finished in less than an hour!

No comments: