Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Getting ready for the big Scrap Day!

As you might know, Scrapbook Shenanigans is holding a fundraising scrap day on Saturday to help raise a bit of money to assist those affected by Cyclone Yasi (and also now the floods that are drenching my hometown of Cardwell).  I'm teaching one class there, we'll be doing a double page layout, and then Michele is running a gorgeous cardmaking class.  After that, there'll be a huge social scrap until midnight - so plenty of time to knock out a few projects!
As I'm not much of an away from home scrapper, I like to sit down and organise my papers and photos so I have an idea of what I want to do with a layout.  I often have a sketch in mind, either one I've made up myself, or one that I've found HERE : Becky Fleck's pagemaps.
This helps to organise which patterned papers I'll need to take with me, which photos I need to print, as well as giving me an idea of embellishments etc.
It helps to cut down on time spent shuffling papers around and feeling lost while I'm at a scrap, but also makes sure I have enough coordinating products with me to be able to complete a layout or three.
So here's a little sneak peek of a few things I'll be taking along to the scrap day with me, (it's not everything, trust me!!!) be sure to check back in on Monday for some photos of the event!
x Rita

No comments: