Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I thought I'd make some funky cards tonight, using my new set of Quickutz paper dolls dies, my Sizzix Big Shot die cutter, and my bucket of paper scraps.
  Each die cutter varies, but with the big shot, I place the die down with foam side up, and then layer up my paper scraps to pick out the pieces that I want.  
 This is the body for the paper doll, so I cut a few of these out ready to go.  
To assemble the dolls, I did a dry run on the desk before I actually stuck anything down.  Then, using some clear glue (I used the Kaszazz "Glue Gloss", which is like glue in a lip gloss tube - fantastic for fiddly stuff like this) stuck down the cape, then the body, then the clothing, and finally, the double pluggers :)
I was hoping to finish this one with a "Happy Birthday" rub on, but I have run out! :o I'll put this card aside until I get some more.  I like Rub ons for cards, because they give them a really professional finish. 
 Same story with my rock chick, but I used a scrap of glittered yellow paper to make her hair a bit more punky. 
 And for my boy rockstar, I added a bit of bling with some shiny gold details on his belt, and on the face of the drum (which you can't see because my photography is lousy at the moment!) The "Live out LOUD!" sentiment is from a Kaisercraft set of Rub On's. 
So there's three cards, each completely different, and excluding the card bases, all made from scraps!  Now that's economical card making! 
(and that's also an extremely messy desk hiding behind the cards!)
x Rita

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those doll die cuts are super cute!

Anonymous said...

these are darling. Cards for pre-teens especially boys are difficult to find, but you did a fabulous job on these.